Thursday, August 6, 2009

New Release Scedule

Hey everyone. Long story short, doing Birdy a chapter a week has become too much for us. We are frankly burnt out. Especially GoE. Originally it looked to be a half and half kinda thing, with us both translating and combining those together at the end of each week. However, due to the time editing and scanlating takes, I spent less and less time translating till I spent almost no time at all; leaving it all on her. Something that is supposed to be fun has become a chore for both of us. So we are left with 2 choices, give up on Birdy and wash our hands of it, or make a major change. For now, we're going to try for the second option. Thus for the forseeable future, Birdy will be released once every two weeks, with the next chapter coming out on next Thursday. I hope this will make it more manageable for us, yet not leave you all out in the cold.

~Radical Dreamer

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I approve of the new schedule. TBH, I was wondering how on earth you were keeping up with a weekly one in the first place and still putting out such great stuff. I'd never be able to do it, well, not without making scanlating the ONLY thing I did in spare time each day, and that'd just be insane.

Anonymous said...

I agree. Once a week was a pretty aggressive schedule and while I was happy to get that, the real bummer would be to see translation stop completely. It's MUCH better to have a bi-weekly or even monthly release and have work continue. That work, by the way, is very much appreciated! Thank you!

Anonymous said...

Don't burn yourself out for our sake. The new schedule's fine. Just keep up the good work!

Anonymous said...

We all apreciate your efforts! thank you !

:)

Seeker320 said...

Thanks a lot for all your releases thus far. I enjoyed them a lot. I don't mind having to wait more, but please, as far as it doesn't screw with your real life, try not to abandon this project.
Birdy should get more luv from the occidental fandom. By the way, there's something only you might be able to answer me: how popular is this manga in Japan?
I don't expect it to be a top sale, but does it have a consistent group of fans?

Anonymous said...

your efforts are appreciated!

Anonymous said...

Take as long as you need - Birdy is worth it!

Anonymous said...

I don't mind having Birdy every 2 weeks - take your time :)
Thanks for your efforts in doing the scanlation!

Unknown said...

thanksssssssssssss thgankssssssssssss give it upppp

Anonymous said...

Take it easy ;)
What good is ANY fast release schedule if it drains you... obviously it's better (for us, of course) if you continue on, however slowly, than the project ending...

Thanks a lot!

Post a Comment